Monday 14 January 2013

My Bright Idea!! Fundraising for Africa!

 

Hi guys,
            I know I have been neglecting my blog again :| I always feel so guilty when I come back.
Things have been pretty busy with uni work and Christmas and what not, BUT I'm back and I've had a brain wave!!

I am currently saving every scrap of money I can so that I can volunteer at a rehabilitation centre in Africa next year (I mentioned this in an old post). I've been selling all my old stuff on eBay to try and make a few pennies but as expected people just don't want my old stuff haha!

Soooo, I've decided to use the money I've made so far to make something that people might actually want to buy....jewelry. I made my friend a bracelet for Christmas (i use the term made very loosely) I picked out the charms and designed the bracelet. Here's a quick pic (she has changed the order of the charms, they were symmetrical)

 
I was a little bit jealous when I gave it here, I grew quiet attatched to it :P So I thought maybe selling something I like might be a bit more appealing to others.
I am currently in the process of frantically buying beads and charms to get a good selection so I can get started.
Here are a few beads that are on their way, just to give you an idea of what I'll be using....
 

I'm aiming to sell these at around £5-£7 I haven't worked it all out yet. Each bracelet will have about 5-7 charms on it, I've scribbled down some ideas for themes and such based on the beads I've seen....
 
 These won't be up on my eBay page until at least late February but I just thought I'd share my idea with you guys :) I am selling some old books and stuff if anyone wants to have a nose my eBay name is 11amyjane93
I'll keep you posted when my beads have arrived, when I design my first bracelet and so on :)

What do you think?
xX

1 comment: